(1) Ensuring the secure handling of personal data is a central element within the everyday activity of APG. We would like to inform you below of the most important aspects of our data protection policy.
(2) APG will store and use all data transmitted or disclosed via the APG websites in compliance with the applicable legal provisions of the Austrian Data Protection Act.
(3) Austrian Power Grid AG and/or one of its subsidiaries is entitled, with the express approval of the user, to process data provided by the user for the performance of services, the conduct of marketing activities and the provision of energy services. This consent may be revoked at any time.
(4) Website analysis: No website analysis is currently conducted on APG web pages.
(5) Whenever the website is accessed we automatically collect and save information in so-called server log files, which your browser automatically transmits to us. These include:
- the browser type and Version
- the referrer URL
- the time of the server request
- your IP address
This data cannot be directly attributed to any particular persons. This data will not be aggregated by APG with data from other sources, and the data will only be used for problem analysis. APG reserves the right to review such data at a later stage in the event that any specific indications of unlawful usage come to light.
(6) As do many other websites, we use so-called cookies. These temporary files contain certain information, such as whether a user has already visited one of our web pages. This means that the user is for example not required to enter his or her user name each time he or she logs in. The usage of cookies may be prevented by the user himself or herself at any time by adjusting the appropriate browser settings. However, if this is done, it may no longer be possible to guarantee the technically flawless usage of all APG web pages.
We have provided some links below under which you can find detailed information on how to disable cookies in common browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-uk/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?locale=de_AT&viewlocale=en_US
Please note that the proper functioning of APG web pages may be restricted if cookies are disabled. Please also note that cookies that are indispensable for the proper operation of APG web pages are exempt from the European Regulation and cannot be disabled.
(7) In order to ensure the best possible use of the online content of APG web pages, third party applications (Youtube, Prescreen) are embedded into APG web pages along with content saved on third party platforms (Youtube, Prescreen).
Despite careful examination and active measures to uphold data protection, APG does not have any control over the type of user data collected by third parties and the manner in which they are used. Responsibility for such data lies exclusively with the providers of these applications.
(8) APG takes all reasonable efforts in order to ensure that the exchange of such data is offered as safely as is technically and organisationally possible at the present time, such as by the 128-bit encryption (https) of the data to be transferred. At the same time, the user is encouraged to take reasonable efforts to maintain the confidentiality of his or her access credentials for the online services.
Our website uses functions of the web analytics services Google Analytics. For this purpose, cookies are used that enable an analysis of the use of the website by its users. Since before this processing takes place, your IP address is transmitted to the server of the provider in an anonymised manner by removing the last digits and then stored there, we and our providers do not process any personal data of yours.
This website utilizes Hotjar. The provider is Hotjar Ltd., Level 2, St Julians Business Centre, 3, Elia Zammit Street, St Julians STJ 1000, Malta, Europe (website: https://www.hotjar.com). Hotjar is a tool used to analyse your user patterns on our website. Hotjar allows us to for instance record your mouse and scroll movements as well as your click. During this process, Hotjar also has the capability to determine how long your cursor remained in a certain position. Based on this information, Hotjar compiles so-called Heatmaps, that make possible to determine which parts of the website the website visitor reviews with preference. We are also able to determine how long you have stayed on a page of our website and when you left.
Deactivation of Hotjar
If you would like to deactivate the recording of data by Hotjar, please click on the link below and follow the instructions provided under the link: https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out. Please keep in mind that you will have to separately deactivate Hotjar for every browser and every device. For more detailed information about Hotjar and the data to be recorded, please consult the Data Privacy Declaration of Hotjar under the following link: https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy
In principle, you have the right to information, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, data portability, revocation and to object. If you believe that your data have been processed in breach of data protection law or that your data protection rights have been otherwise infringed in any way, you can complain to the supervisory authority. In Austria this is the Datenschutzbehörde [Austrian Data Protection Authority].
Contact details of our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
Austrian Power Grid AG
Wagramer Straße 19
1220 Vienna (IZD Tower)